I have a confession.
One of my favorite foods to eat is salmon. Yet, you may not be able to find a single recipe with salmon on my blog.
While I constantly hear how “easy and simple” it is to cook, I’ve always been intimated to bring it into my own kitchen.
Until recently. There was fresh salmon on sale at Whole Foods, the warm weather was nudging me to prepare a salad, and my husband said he would help
if when I needed it.
So we brought home our fresh salmon and I prepared it as simply as possible: 1) rub salmon with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper; 2) roast in oven with skin-side facing up.
I’m so glad I tried this! The recipe was so easy to follow (I know, I know- of course it was! ), and it made the perfect light meal on a warm spring night.
Roasted Salmon Salad
Keywords: roast appetizer salad entree seafood leafy greens spring summer
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/2 pound salmon filet
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Dressing of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set a baking rack atop the baking sheet.
2. Rub salmon with 2 tbs. olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Brush baking rack with remaining olive oil. Place salmon skin-side up on baking rack and roast for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. Let cook slightly, then break into large pieces.
3. Toss remaining ingredients together. Top with cooked salmon. Serve and enjoy!
And while salmon may be an ingredient that rarely finds its way into our kitchen, one staple that we never go without is some type of nut butter. So when I was contacted by PB Crave to try their peanut butters, I was definitely looking forward to it!
I was sent their Razzle Dazzle, Cookie Nookie, Coco Bananas and Choco Choco peanut butter. I am very impressed with their unique flavor combinations! Their peanut butters are also gluten and cholesterol-free.
~What food(s) are you intimidated to cook?