We all need quick dinner ideas ready to go in our back-pocket. The ones that don’t require measuring cups or an entire afternoon spent in the kitchen and still taste great.
When it comes to quick dinners, I typically resort to pasta. All it requires is a pot of boiling water. Mix it with just about any leftover cheese and a few toppings lying around in your pantry or fridge, and you have yourself a meal.
This was one of those dinners that came together in a jiffy, was an unplanned mix of ingredients found throughout the kitchen, and tasted like I had spent hours preparing. Using pappardelle pasta takes this to an entirely new level, while not requiring any extra prep-time. Win-win.
No measuring spoons required (eye-balling ingredients is really the best way to go here). Everything can be cooked and ready to go by the time the pasta is ready. And all the leftover ingredients make perfect pizza toppings for later in the week. 😉
Pappardelle Pasta with Artichokes and Olives
Keywords: saute entree side vegetarian artichokes olives pasta Mediterranean Italian
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 5 ounces egg pappardelle pasta
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and artichoke hearts and cook 2-3 minutes, until artichokes are warmed through.
2. Drain pasta and mix into skillet. Add olives, goat cheese and red pepper flakes and toss gently. Serve immediately and enjoy!