You know when there’s a meal you just can’t stop thinking about? Maybe you tried it once at a friend’s house, or had it during a nice meal out; no matter the circumstance, every bite and flavor has stayed in your mind since.
Yeah, that’s what the Chicken Artichoke Pesto Pizza was in our home about a month ago (yes, I know, I am way behind on posts). I was craving this exact pizza, and though it’s not too hard to find these toppings at a pizza shop, I knew I would be disappointed if even one flavor was different, so I decided it would just be safest to make it myself.
I am so glad I did.
Ugh, there is just something about this flavor combination. The pop of flavor from the parmesan and basil in the pesto sauce, mixed with mild artichokes and grilled chicken is just unbeatable.
I’m writing this post early in the morning and even thinking about it now is literally making my stomach growl.
Grilled Chicken Artichoke Pesto Pizza
Keywords: bake grill entree pizza/flatbread artichokes
Ingredients (8 pieces)
- Pizza dough
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 – 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce (I even took a shortcut and bought the pre-made sauce from Trader Joe’s)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spread olive oil over prepared pizza dough. Top pizza dough with pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken and artichoke.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
~What was the last memorable meal you ate?