A short list of my current favorite things + a giveaway…because Monday’s could always use a little perk, right?!…
1. This was our most recent book club pick: The Snow Child. It’s not the type of book I would typically read, but I ended-up being completely absorbed by the whimsical storyline and engaging characters. It’s the type of book you could easily pick-up during a few spare minutes and instantly feel like you’re amidst the current scene.
2. My husband and I have been spending many of our weekly “dates” trying out new cafes and breakfast spots (my favorite two things to go out for!). Here are some of my current Boston favorites:
- South End Buttery (South End) – their brunch, coffee and breakfast sandwiches (served on a homemade biscuit!!!) leave me swooning
- Gaslight Brasserie (South End) – one of my favorite brunches and restaurant ambiances!
- Cafe Fixe (Brookline) - excellent (strong) coffee!
- Fiores Bakery (Jamaica Plain) – a great little spot for pastries, sandwiches and coffee!
3. In all this heat, I’ve been trying to find creative meals to cook that don’t leave our kitchen 100 degrees. One of my favorite things to use has been the panini grill. It takes an ordinary sandwich and always makes it into a fun meal I look forward to!
I was sent the following items from Mezzetta to make my perfect sandwich! They sent me olives, japapeno peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and chimichurri spread. I used their chimichurri spread and sun-dried tomatoes in this Grilled Portobello Panini.
To make the sandwich, I spread a thin layer of the chimichurri spread on one piece of bread (careful! it’s spicy!). I topped it with grilled portobello mushrooms, smoked gouda cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and arugula. I let it sit on the panini grill for about 5 minutes, until the bread was golden brown!
Right now, Mezzetta is hosting their annual “Make That Sandwich” contest where you win $25,000! In addition, you could receive the same package from Mezzetta to make your own sandwich!
To enter, do any/all of the following and tell me about it in the comments section. Giveaway will be open through August 3 (winner must have a U.S. address)…