Happy Happy (belated) Mother’s Day! I hope everyone had a wonderful day and was able to celebrate the mothers in their life. I am grateful beyond words to have such an incredible mother and mother-in-law! 🙂
My mom is truly one of the sweetest people I know. She has taught me so much about being confident, independent, optimistic and kind to others.
I’m also incredibly proud of my mom. In the past few years she has completely changed all her eating habits and has been making healthy decisions, even when it hasn’t been easy. Every time I go home, she has added new healthy foods to her diet and is even introducing me to new ways of preparing them!
So consider this post a hug THANK YOU to my mom for all her support, encouragement, patience and love. It’s also my way of saying Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful women out there who provide support, guidance and nurturing to others.
Though a nice meal out or a beautiful bouquet of flowers are definitely deserved, I tend to show my appreciation by making and sharing food. So consider this recipe for Greek Yogurt Flatbread as my way of showing gratitude to all the mother’s out there. It’s a healthy recipe that’s the perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of meals.
It’s make with Greek Yogurt, which provides a thicker, more substantial texture and it doesn’t take too long to prepare. This recipe made about 4 small pieces; I will definitely be doubling it next time as these were gone in mere minutes.
Greek Yogurt Flatbread
Adapted from Love & Lemons
Keywords: saute appetizer bread side vegetarian
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour, plus extra for kneading/rolling
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sea salt, optional
- Olive oil for the pan
1. Combine flour, yogurt, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix together with your hands to form a ball of dough. Add more flour if you need to, so dough isn’t too sticky.
2. Knead for about a minute until the dough is smooth. Put in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to a few days. Divide dough into 4 equal balls and roll them into flat disks using a rolling pin.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add flatbread dougb and cook for a 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bubbles begin to form and dough turns golden brown. Remove from heat and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Serve and enjoy!
~How did you celebrate Mother’s Day?