Sometimes, it’s the little successes along the way that we need to celebrate most.
Sure, getting that new job, sharing vows to someone, and welcoming a new child into this world all undoubtedly should be celebrated.
But I also think the small successes that enable us to pursue the big ones are worth recognition. A negative test at the doctor’s office. Having friends you can call at any hour of the day. Giving a great presentation at work.
Another day where you and your loved ones wake-up healthy.
While it may not feel like much, this meal is our own small success along the way as it is proof that amidst busy schedules and chaotic lives, my husband and I have continued to prioritize eating home-cooked, healthy meals together. Often times, it would be incredibly easy and tempting to eat more “convenient foods” separately as we rush from one commitment to the next, but we try to sit down together for dinner whenever possible, and having meals like this that come together in just minutes (and are even fun to eat!) help to make that possible.
Keywords: saute entree side vegetarian zucchini squash summer
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 1/2 large zucchini
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 12 oz. pasta sauce
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese
1. Slice zucchini using a spiral vegetable slicer.
2. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Gently sauté zucchini in hot oil for about 3 minutes, until slightly tender (if you cook it too long, it will become very soft/mushy).
3. Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in small pot. Add red pepper flakes to sauce and stir together.
4. Serve zucchini with sauce and top with basil and parmesan cheese; enjoy!
~What is a “small success” you have/would like to celebrate?