Today I have the privilege of letting you read a post from one of my favorite bloggers, Lisa from Bike Bake Blog! Lisa is an amazing cook and baker, a talented photographer, an inspiring biker and a new mom! She continually astonishes me with healthy meals and delectable desserts, all while getting to know her beautiful baby girl. She truly is an inspiration in so many different ways and I am thrilled to share her guest post with you today!…
Sweet Potato, Carrot and Thyme Soup
My name is Lisa, and I blog over at Bake Bike Blog. I am absolutely delighted to have the chance to write a guest post for Gina, for her blog is always filled with such fresh and lovely recipe ideas.
I think this Sweet Potato and Thyme Soup might just be a winner on all counts!
So easy to make, healthy in substance, and it can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner (depending on your appetite!).
Not to mention that it is gluten free, and can also be made vegan by omitting the cream*.
Sweet potato, carrot and thyme soup (serves 8)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1.5 tbs garlic paste (or 3 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 tbs thyme paste (or 1 tbs dried thyme)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 500ml GF vegetable stock
- 1 L water
- Cream to serve *
- Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add sweet potato, carrots, onion garlic and thyme and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon zest, juice, stock and water and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Process soup until smooth.
- Divide among serving bowls and drizzle with cream.