I’ve had a bit of a summer bucket list tucked away in my mind. I want to be open to whatever the summer days may bring without being tied to a list, but also want to make sure that I don’t get stuck in my day-to-day routine without truly taking advantage of this fruitful season.
So, without further ado, here is what my summer bucket list has included:
Visit somewhere new(yup, I can happily check that one off with our trip to Costa Rica!) Go berry picking Go on a hike
- Complete one DIY project (I get so inspired by all your creative projects but don’t seem to have the patience, creativity or motivation to do my own!…yet).
Eat lots of fresh fruit! Join a CSA Go out for ice cream(yeah, it’s happened a lot more than just this once)
- Go camping (I’m still really hoping this one happens, but if not, I’ll still be grateful I got to sleep in the jungle…on a bed.)
Until last week, I had never made sangria before. It’s definitely my favorite “adult” beverage; we even had it at our wedding! I’m not sure why I never thought to make it on my own, but I’m glad that I added this to my bucket list so I finally had the motivation to give it a try!
This recipe is so simple, yet completely turns a typical bottle of wine into a fun, seasonable drink!
Red Wine Sangria
Adapted from Bon Appetit
Keywords: beverage summer
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 packets Sweet’N Low (or other preferred sugar/sweetener)
- 1 orange, cut off ends and thinly slice
- 1 lemon, cut off ends and thinly slice
- 1 lime, cut off ends and thinly slice
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 750-milliliter bottle red wine
Combine orange juice and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add orange, lemon, lime, and apple. Gently press fruit with the back of a wooden spoon to release juices. Add wine and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (original recipes says you can keep it refrigerated up to 48 hours). Serve and enjoy.
I was sent samples of Sweet’N Low and received compensation for this post as a part of a DailyBuzz Tastemaker program with Sweet’N Low.
~What’s on your summer bucket list?