I know, I know. You’ve been seeing zucchini recipes ALL OVER the blogosphere (and possibly your garden, farmers market, CSA and/or grocery store!) and you’re ready to be done with them for the year. BUT! Well, er – I’m a little behind on posts, and have basically been eating zucchini at every meal for the past two weeks. So while I’ll only share my absolute favorite recipes with you, I hope you’re ready for some fun ways to use those zucchini you find sprouting up everywhere!
This recipe is just SO simple and easy, that if you have a zucchini or two in the fridge you’re hoping to incorporate into a meal without too much hassle, this is the dish for you!
Plus, if you’re trying to eat more seasonally, then I have a feeling you may also have some tomatoes and basil at their peak of freshness. That’s the beauty of this meal. Just a few simple ingredients, all bursting with flavor (and possibly right in your own backyard), come together beautifully for this elegant pasta dish.
Zucchini, Tomato and Basil Pasta
Keywords: saute entree side vegetarian squash zucchini tomato Italian summer
- 12 oz. whole wheat pasta
- 4-5 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin 2″ strips
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Toss zucchini mixture with cooked pasta. Slowly stir in remaining olive oil and/or reserved cooking water (oil will add more flavor) until desired consistency. Toss with parmesan cheese, basil, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
In addition to summer’s freshest bounty, another food I’ve been really enjoying are Kettle Brand Chips! When I came home from work to find this box sitting on my doorstep, I couldn’t refrain from tearing into it immediately!
Kettle Brand Chips sent me the following flavors to review: Organic Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, Baked Hickory Honey Barbeque…
…Sea Salt & Vinegar and Spicy Thai.
Here are the Organic Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper. They are crispy, crunchy and have just the right amount of peppery flavor.
My husband and I went through these chips in record-timing; they are so good! I’m not even sure I can pick a favorite flavor as I enjoyed them all!
Kettle Chips are all-natural, contain no trans fat, no MSG, non-GMO ingredients, no preservatives and are gluten-free. In addition to the flavors they sent me, they also have a wide variety of other products including nut butters, several Krinkle Cut chips, and Reduced Fat Chips.
*I received these products free from Kettle Brand Chips; no compensation was provided and all opinions are 100% my own.
~What is your favorite way to enjoy zucchini?