It’s typically the simple things that make me most content and put a smile on my face.
This summer, here’s a list of some of the things I’ve been most grateful for:
- Sunshine! Yes, I know much of the country has been going through a heat wave with record-high temps, but do you remember mid-January, when you were scraping ice off your car and counting down until spring? I sure do and would MUCH rather take a HOT day than a cold one!
- Playing tennis on a Saturday morning with my husband
- Picking (and eating!) fresh berries
- Eating meals outside – this is truly one of my favorite parts of summer!
- Raspberry Fudge Chunk and Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Frozen Yogurt
- Open windows
- Evening walks
- Dresses and skirts
- Weekly local produce from our CSA
As goes with sunshine and evening walks, it’s usually the simple meals that I look forward to the most.
That’s why when my husband and I recently met with friends to have a meal outside, I knew I wanted to bring something that matched our relaxed atmosphere. I couldn’t imagine a more perfect fit than pizza and salad!
Our evening included lemonade, wine, Feta, Cranberry and Pecan Salad…
…homemade pizza dough topped with sauce, mozzarella cheese, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and black olives (don’t be deceived; yes, pizza dough requires a bit of time but the ingredients are literally flour, water, salt and yeast. It doesn’t get more simple than that)…
…and ended with ice cream, fruit, and hours of wonderful conversation.
I can’t think of a more perfect way to enjoy a summer’s evening.
Today is the last day to enter to win PB Crave!!!
~What are you grateful for?