The weather is supposed to reach the 90′s this week.
I’m not prepared. Our air conditioners are still in the basement. Our fans are buried in a closest. My favorite summer dresses look more like a bundle of wrinkles than anything wearable.
However, when it comes to meals, that is one area I have planned ahead. I know I will not want to spend time standing over a hot stove or sweating while I eat a meal (I’ve definitely done that too many times to share).
Strawberry and Tortellini Salad
Inspired by Keep It Skinny
Keywords: entree salad side vegetarian pecans nuts cheese leafy greens summer
- 1 cup pesto tortellini (or other tortellini of your choice)
- Spring lettuce mix (we used a mix primarily of romaine and arugula from our CSA)
- 1-2 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- Balsamic vinaigrette (or other dressing of choice)
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water (or set aside) until cool.
2. Toss with remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Also, THANK YOU for all your well wishes on my health! I love what a supportive community this is!