I know, I know. It’s St. Patty’s Day. You’re focused on shamrocks, parades and wearing that one green sweater you’ve kept for years, for this exact occasion.
So how could I possibly post something that doesn’t involve any of the above?
Because I’m looking out for your best interest. I also know that you just may be more concerned today about drinking a good beer (or two, or…) and then trying out your best Irish accent with anyone in close proximity that will listen.
To be honest, as you read this, I hope I’m out clinking glasses with my Irishman husband. BUT! I also know that your search to find a 4-leaf clover will be a lot more successful if fueled by the right food.
So be sure to ingest some greens today as you get ready to appreciate the local pub
Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Keywords: stir-fry entree vegetarian vegan rice broccoli tofu
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Ging, to taste
- 8 oz. extra-firm tofu, cubed and pressed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 head of broccoli, speared
- 1/3 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- Several handfuls baby spinach
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper, garlic and ginger in small bowl. Heat soy sauce mixture in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, pepper and broccoli and saute about 5 minutes, until tofu is browned, stirring frequently. Add in corn and cook until warmed through.
2. Remove from heat and mix in spinach. Serve with cooked rice and enjoy!
~What will you be doing on St. Patty’s Day?