Smoked Salmon Crostini and GIVEAWAY!
Looking for a fun appetizer that is just bursting with flavor and doesn’t require any silverware to eat? Then you have to try this Smoked Salmon Crostini! It truly is just the perfect medley of flavors!
To start, cut-up a French baguette into about 1 inch slices. Toast them in a 350 degree oven for about 2 minutes per side. Then spread pesto over each piece. I prefer making my own so I can control all the ingredients (recipe below). Next cover each piece with a slice of smoked salmon. Then, top them off with artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Bake for about 5 minutes until it is warmed through, sprinkle with scallions and enjoy!
3 tbs. dried basil (different measurement if using fresh basil)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the basil to a food processor and pulse a few times. Add the pine nuts and pulse again. Add garlic and pulse a few more times.
3. Slowly add the olive oil while the food processor is on while frequently stopping and scraping the sides with a spatula. Add the cheese and pulse until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In other exciting news: remember the review of Perfect Foods Bar I posted about? Well, they are giving away one mixed box (or any flavor) to a Simply Life reader!
1. In honor of their philosophy that everyone should know what’s in their food, visit their nutrition info and tell me one ingredient you like that the bars contain!
For extra entries:
1. Become a follower of Simply Life.
2. Subscribe to Simply Life.
3. Blog about this giveaway.
4. Add Simply Life to your blogroll.
All entries must be submitted by April 17 and you must have a US address.